Monday, September 6, 2010

I dream in yoga


Last night I dreamed that I was teaching a yoga class in a huge room packed with people.  Every single person there was a beginner, and in addition, half were Japanese tourists.  It was chaos... Everyone was facing every which direction and kept coming off the mats to crowd in front of the room to watch me demonstrating the sun salutations.  And I was telling them, no, just go back to your mats and give each other room and give it a go...  And I couldn't find a playlist that I liked, didn't recognize anything on my iPod which is when I realised in the dream that it wasn't in fact my iPod at all but Eco Yogini's iPod and the two must have gotten swapped in the last class.  :)

Now this sounds like it could have been a stressful dream but it wasn't really.  In fact I woke up highly amused.  I don't really do dream symbology but there is something kind of satisfying about trying to put order into chaos, and making the best of what ensues.

Readers, how does Yoga figure into your dreams?

8 comments:

  1. I had a yoga dream last night too. I dreamed that my head could rest on my shins in paschimottanasana. That is, in fact, a dream of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream in Yoga a lot. Recently because I'm about to start teaching a ton of new classes, I'm dreaming about disasters; students walking out, arriving late with no trousers; lost lesson plans - that kind of thing. Let's just hope none of it comes true. I'm not sure which is worse, students walking out or forgetting to put on trousers.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! I often dream of yoga, but not of teaching yoga (yet). Must be too soon for this newbie teacher.

    Love how your blog friends also get woven into the dreamscape too! I've had that as well :)

    @Rachel, I love the twist on the classic turning up to school naked dream with your no trousers guy, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! I dream yoga a lot too, usually about teaching - disasters and celebrations both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i take a map after yoga, then i dream of yoga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful hearing about your yoga dreams! The good and the stressful, all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't had a yoga dream like that yet, but I can't wait! That sounds like it would wake me up laughing! Thank you for sharing this dream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I talk in my sleep- often, and my partner tells me that sometimes I teach in my sleep!

    ReplyDelete