Friday, February 26, 2010

Holiday - and some amazing Acro-Yoga pix

Yes, it's that time! I am off on holidays for 2 weeks and will have rest, relaxation and limited or no internet connectivity. Hooray!!

I shall probably not be posting but I have to say I will miss my blog community. :)

In a random online moment, I stumbled across some amazing pictures of Acro-Yoga. I have some friends who are into this so have seen demonstrations, but this stuff is another level. I mean, these ladies are serious super-acro-yoginis! Check out more pictures by following this link.

I am not sure this stuff would be considered 'regulation' in the what-is-and-is-not-yoga debate, but there can be no doubt that these yoginis have strength, flexibility and talent - not to mention playfulness! It makes me want to run out and take a class. What about you? Have you ever tried it or want to?

Namaste and see you in 2 weeks!!

10 comments:

  1. I have never taken an acro yoga class but it looks amazing! They are extremely bendy!

    HAve a great time on your holiday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had similar thoughts about Acro-yoga not being kosha until I came across that old B+W 1938 video of Krishnamacharya and Iyengar which has some in it, now I'm not sure what to think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried it, I was bloody terrible at it but I still had a lot of fun and you know, afterwards I decided it was a lot more kosha than it appears.

    Have a fab holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried it but would love to! Have a beautiful holiday! "See" you when you get back . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not particularly interested in trying acro-yoga, but it is impressive to look at.

    have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful break! (babs)

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy your break, although i am a bit late to wish it to you. in the meantime, as roseanne would say, it's all yoga, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried acro-yoga, have an anusara trained teacher who is also certified acro. it was FUN and light hearted. which I think is a gift unto itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a good post. Thanks for your update.

    Health

    ReplyDelete
  10. geat... u ll r best n great for me...bcoz u ll uploads ur vidio... n like me people can cetch u easly...bcoz we dnt get good teacher...thanks...pawan chand

    ReplyDelete