Something else that you'd like to see on the blog? Just drop me comment!
Yoga tips - helpful hints focused on poses or transitions:
- 6 great exercises to build core strength
- The 'other' shoulderstand - a safer and gentler shoulderstand variation
- 7 stretches for neck and shoulders you can do at your desk
- How to check your knee alignment in Warrior Poses
- 3 simple hamstring stretches
- Sage Balance II: A few tips on how to work towards this challenging arm-balance
- Lizard Pose: A few simple tips and modifications
- Triangle pose: Choosing what's right for you, with 5 awesome variations
- 3 great ways to modify Pigeon Pose
- 5 great preparatory poses for Warrior III
- Sun Salutation ideas for wrist injuries
- How to do downward-facing dog with bent knees
- How to keep a straight leg without locking the knees
- Helpful hints on stepping forward from downward-facing dog
- The lower ribs 'escape valve': a simple tip for lower back stability
- Rolling your toes over in the transition to upward-facing dog
- Tips on working with Warrior III
- Chair pose, utkatasana
- Pelvic alignment in the transition to upward-facing dog
- Tips on how to breathe in yoga practice
- Learning to Fly - A post explaining my preferred method for approaching Bakasana, or crow / crane pose, a challenging yet accessible arm-balancing pose.
- Hello Psoas! - In this sequence I use props to safely explore different stretches for the psoas muscles and hip-flexors leading towards One Legged King Pigeon, a challenging backbend.
- Yoga for Feet - Some awareness exercises and yoga postures that bring your attention to those hard-working fabulous feet of yours!
- Therapeutic stretches for low-back pain - A gentle sequence for an achy lower back
- Therapeutic yoga stretches for sciatica - A gentle sequence that anyone can follow, this practice targets the sacro-iliac joint and the piriformis muscle, two of the main areas that are related to sciatic inflammation.
- Simple exercises for wrist pain - Some easy exercises that anyone can do, whether they practice yoga or not! Plus, some tips for keeping the wrists safe in asana practice.
- 4 Simple Stretches to Ease Back Pain - A brief restorative sequence with 4 easy stretches to relieve tension in your back
- 5 simple stretches for shoulders - Some easy stretches to release shoulder tension - that can be performed from your chair!
- 3 simple breathing techniques for stress relief - Stress is considered by many as the biggest health problem we face today in the West. Here are 3 simple breathing techniques that really help.
- Simple stretches for ankles and calves - A reader-requested post on how to stretch tight calves and stiff ankles
- Sequence for Scoliosis - This is a guest post by the lovely Suburban Yogini in which she presents a nice bite-sized sequence for the spine. Anyone who suffers from back pain will love these poses!
- Yoga for Menstrual Pain - Some relaxing asanas that can help when you're suffering from cramps and other menstrual-related dis-ease.
- Brahma Mudra - An exercise for the eyes and neck that offers relief from headaches and neck pain.
General flow / practice sequences:
- Detox Sequence - a moderately challenging sequence based on detoxifying the body through twists
- 10-minute Yoga - A post in which other bloggers left ideas for 10-minute yoga practices in the comments section.
- Restorative Flow - Gentle - A nice, sweet restorative practice using accessible for all levels. Yoga with pillows!! Yeah!
- Restorative Flow - Intermediate - Another restorative practice. This is also a nice gentle sequence but it does include a few poses that may not be right for everyone, especially if you have knee issues or extremely tight hips or hamstrings.
Namaste and enjoy!