Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Following the signs

Royalty free image from: www.inmagine.com

Following the signs... That's what Suburban Yogini did this week, as you can read here.

We have all been through those times when it seems as though the whole Universe is pointing us in a certain direction.  It starts as an idea, that like a seed once planted begins to take root and push its way inevitably upwards.  We water this seed with our dreams, our ideas, our gut instincts, until finally it pushes its delicate head above the surface, blooming and blossoming from an idea into a definitive path, a signal marker pointing the way.  All that remains is to start down the path.

Yoga helps us to recognise these signs.  And by putting us in touch with our selves, Yoga also helps us to make the choice to follow them.  For me, this is Satya - truthfulness - the desire to be true to yourself.  Yoga helps us to realise that we are always choosing our reality - choosing how we act, whether or not to react, how we perceive a situation and what we do as a result.  Yoga helps us to live more mindfully by going from a reactive frame of mind to a proactive frame of mind.  So instead of letting our bodies, emotions and minds make choices for us, we are mindfully choosing how we experience life as it comes to us.

Where are the signs pointing for me?  Well, you'll have to wait a little longer to find out!  But there are things in the works, so stay tuned!!

Readers, what are the signs in your lives telling you?

7 comments:

  1. There seem to be so many things in the works for everyone I know both online and in real life! Times of change are upon us for sure!

    Thank you for your kind words :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this suspense from everyone is killing me! As Rachel so beautifully writes it, there seems to be changes coming up for everyone - I can't wait to find out what the things in the work are for you!

    The signs in my life are telling me to keep going and slowly start the transition from the corporate world to something more... meaningful (does that make sense at all?). I don't know what shape this will take yet, but I am eager to find out. I also have a few fun things coming up, don't know where they'll take me, we'll see :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I agree with Rachel. It seems like everyone I know is going through some sort of exciting change right now. I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it does seem to be a major time of change for so many people. It's unbelievable! Me too, of course. And I'm not quite up to talking about it all yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's just keep setting our sails and see where this breeze leads, peeps... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You writing about this so eloquently! I love it :). For me, it's all about the writing and the spiritual journey. I live for both of these things. My daughter too, though this is somewhat different ... there are no signs pointing me to her because I am always with her!

    I look forward to seeing where your signs are telling you to go.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeez, that first line should have said, "You write about this so eloquently!" After all my talk about wanting to write! :)

    ReplyDelete