Reflection is the first step towards change I guess - living life consciously, pro-actively seeking out the things that make us happy instead of living in a state of reactivity. I am finding that with this move across the world, into the cold and dark, it is hard to focus on the good things and stay positive. But I have to remember how blessed I am to have people who love and support me, a job in these tough times, and the chance to take on new professional challenges and learn new things!
Hope everyone has an excellent weekend!
1. I feel happy when the sun shines. Seriously, a little sunshine can just make my heart soar these days!
2. I get silly when I'm with my sister! We both do - I don't know how anyone puts up with us!
3. Something that makes me sad is being far away from the people I love. This is so, so hard right now.
4. Something that makes me annoyed is when buses are supposed to come and then don't, and you are left standing in the cold for ages!
5. A time that I've been truly surprised was when my cat brought a fair sized rat into the house. Ick!!!
6. I am so thankful for far too many things to list here! Among them my community back in Timor, the beautiful flowers a special person sent me this week, and the fact that it's Friday!
7. I feel loved all the time. Because I am! How lucky am I?!