Saturday, November 27, 2010

Just Breathe + Blanks

This song has been speaking to me lately... it seems to perfectly embody the concept of aparigraha, or non-grasping.  Not to mention re-igniting my teenage crush on this amazing voice.   There is a lot going on here at the moment and slowly but surely it will be coming out here...  In the meantime, sit back and enjoy this beautiful song.



"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face.  You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." ~Eleanor Roosevelt




And for a few blanks, from a few weeks ago!


1.   The most spontaneous thing I've ever done was...  well, there was that time when two friends and I rented a car on the spur of the moment and drove up to spend the weekend a music festival in the countryside in Quebec.  It was pretty darn random, and very fun!

2.  The best gift I've ever received was... today.  And the day before that.  And the one before that.  And if I get tomorrow, well, I must be super lucky!  

3.  A time that I was truly and genuinely surprised was...   Drawing a complete blank here! Either that makes me a cynic or just forgetful.  Or maybe a bit of both!

4.  I can't leave the house without... my car keys?  And, at the moment, my favourite blue shoes!

5.  My favorite day of the week is      Sunday    because   it generally involves sleeping in, having a huge breakfast, and spending at least the first half of the day being completely lazy.  I love it!

6.  Something that can always make me laugh is   my cat.  She is awesome and falls asleep in the cutest positions!

7.  My perfect day would include... see 5., above! ;)  Add some time spent on or under the water and wrap it up with some cheese, wine, and good company and I think that would just about do it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Hello! You have a wonderful blog! I am happy to visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... whatever is going on for you, just hang in there! Nothing is permanent, just remember that!

    Avoidance really is harder than facing things straight on, no matter what your monkey mind says!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) There are some changes we can't avoid - we just have to see them through and hope we land on our feet. But even if we don't, we can always pick ourselves up again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this song! Thanks for sharing it. I'm going to add it to one of my yoga class playlists! I hope you get your perfect day this weekend - it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete